Calling all junior budding lego creators, enthusiasts and casual builders.
Emmanuel UCA is excited to re-launch lego club, commencing Fri February 03 2024. and then every second Friday afterschool during term.
Primary and middle school aged participants (prep - gr 9) are invited to come and discover, fun, friendship and faith -Seniors will be invited to assist lead and mum's and dad's are welcome to hang out around our cafe / lounge too.
Drinks and nibblies are available to our participants too - so just come straight after school has finished and join us.
This is a ticketed event with limited numbers. Registration for the participants (children aged 5 - 18) is essential. Adults do not need to register.
Please be aware of the following safety information:
- Participants will be invited to engage with lego to create and play. Lego pieces are small and present a choking hazard for children 3y.o. and under. Therefore infants and toddlers (3 and under) are not permitted in the hall for the duration of the event. They are welcome to remain under parents direct supervision in the foyer or in the outside grassed area.
- Lego assembly requires finger dexterity. If your child has special needs, please let us know so that we can provide appropriate assistance.
- Lego supplied by Emmanuel UCA remains the property of Emmanuel UCA and is not to be taken home. If your child brings their own lego from home, they do so at their own risk and no responsibility is taken to any loss or damage of your child's lego.
- Our normal sign in and sign out process will be required for all participants in Lego Club. For those participants who are signed in, they are to remain in the hall (or traverse directly to and from the toilets) for the duration of the event. Please do not leave the event without signing your children out.
- If your child becomes sick, please do not attend the event.
- Limited parking will be available in the church carpark. On-street parking will be available in Laurel St and South Pine Road.
We look forward to welcoming you to Lego Club
Photo by Amélie Mourichon on Unsplash
Are you ready to get together with other men, have a hot cooked breakfast and chew the fat. The come along to our men's breakfast, bring a mate, share together and have a great time. They are held every two months on the first Saturday of the month starting at 7am held in the hall at Emmanuel Uniting Church, 92 Laurel St Enoggera. Spread the word to your mates and tell your wives you have a man date. The cost is $10, $5 for juniors and free for first-time attenders. Please pay on the day either with cash or by eftpos. RSVP is essential for catering purposes by Thursday 4th April. Please register here
In April our guest speaker is Geoff Harris who is a past president of the Samford Museum. He will speak to us about the museum also about some of Samford’s history including the 1947 train crash and the consequences and results of this tragedy.
In 2024 Emmanuel is committed to pursuing Christlike growth - one of our core values. This year we want to see people continue grow in faith and maturity as Eph 4:13 says.
In two months from now, Emmanuel Uniting Church will be gathering people together to kick-start this growth journey through a church camp.
This will be an intentional time for us to withdraw from our normal routine and spend time with each other, learning and growing together as we are blessed by the teaching ministry of Rev. Dr. Andrew Prince. We will also be spending time together, building relationships with each other and enjoying something of God’s good creation.
Our camp location will be familiar to many of our Brigades families, as we utilise the Boys Brigade site, Camp Glengarry.
To keep costs to a minimum we have elected to self-cater. Glengarry has large commercial style kitchen facilities where you can use their walk-in fridge; gas stove tops and ovens, microwaves and kitchen utensils. Meal times are set as part of our program and we have tried to ensure they are at ‘family friendly’ periods of the day. Please have a look a the glengarry website for information about the kitchen facilities onsite.
People can choose to stay in cabins or byo tent / camper / caravan and camp onsite.
Registration for camp is now open. To register PLEASE attempt to do so through the online registration form.