The Story Nears Fulfilment (Acts 19:1-12, 20-22)
1. How significantly do you rate Paul’s conversion in Acts 9? List some of the ways your theology has been influence by Paul. (eg, How do you understand the Church? Salvation? Holy Spirit? Discipleship?) What would the new testament look like without: Luke; Acts; Romans; 1 & 2 Corinthians; Galatians; Ephesians; Philippians; Colossians; 1 & 2 Thessalonians; 1 & 2 Timothy; Titus; Philemon?
2. What amazes you most about Paul’s ministry?
3. See v8-9. What opportunities are there to “argue” for the truth of Christianity? What opportunities are there to witness to your experience of God at work in your life? How are the two different?
4. What do you think Timothy and Erastus were? How do you think they felt being sent on as Paul’s representatives? How do you think Paul prepared them for the work they would do?
5. Who taught you most about your faith? (Take a moment to thank God for them). What is something you know about following Jesus that you could pass on to someone else? Who might that person be? How are you going to do it?