The Story of Jesus continues: The Message Spreads (Acts 9:1-31)
1. Reflect and comment on 12 becoming 3 billion (followers of Jesus). How did they do it? What obstacles did they overcome? Who did God use? Where did they start? How did it progress?
2. By what authority did people like Peter & John speak and act with such courage and confidence? How did the religious institution react?
3. What was the result of the persecution of the church? Forced out of the capital and meeting in public, how did the church progress? What parallels can you see between the early church and, say, the church in China?
4. How significantly do you rate Paul’s conversion? List some of the ways your theology has been influence by Paul. (eg, How do you understand the Church? Salvation? Holy Spirit? Discipleship?) What would the new testament look like without: Luke; Acts; Romans; 1 & 2 Corinthians; Galatians; Ephesians; Philippians; Colossians; 1 & 2 Thesalonians; 1 & 2 Timothy; Titus; Philemon?
5. Including your family, list all the extended networks of relationships you are part of. Which of them have the most potential for transformation? Why/Why not?
6. Who’s discipling you? Who are you discipling? How can our church become more effective in making disciples – just as Jesus asked?