As we look at how we can start meeting face to face while adhering to all the restrictions a form has been created that will need to be completed and submitted to Church Council prior to commencing.
The form and risk assessment is attached if after reading it you would like some support with completing the form please ask Helen Smith or Brian Hoole.
Saturday cleaners - 4 people to clean the church before Sunday. Meet at church at 9.30am Saturday
Welcomers - 4 one for each section to welcome people. Meet at church at 9am
Cleaner - 6 one for each section to clean straight after church.
Due to covid restrictions volunteers need to be under 70 and also not have a pre exiting immunity condition.
Hello Emmanuel Community.
Great news. We are excited to announce that we can commence worship services under strict guidelines. Worshipping God together is such an important part of Christian community. Many things have changed due to COVID-19, there are government required processes and procedures that we need to follow to be allowed to re-open so please read the information below carefully.
Commencing this Sunday 21 June we will be conducting one worship service at 9.30am. People need to register, and when we reach 80 people we cannot accept anymore. Other people will need to watch online. At this stage the 8am service is not running, neither is Sunday School.
We have several key messages.
Our health comes first. If you're sick, please stay home. If you're over 70 or a vulnerable person, consider staying home. Practice social distancing and good hygiene while at church. We will have a live video-link available for those who cannot attend as well as the current material we have been presenting each week.
Be Prepared. Only 80 worshippers are allowed. You need to register for Sunday worship in advance. Familiarise yourself with where you're sitting, which entry to use and where to park. You will receive an email once you've registered making this information clear.
Give electronically. This reduces the risk for our volunteers. The banking details are available [here](https://emmanueluca.org.au/payments).
Help out where you can. Each section needs welcomers and cleaners every Sunday. If you are not a vulnerable person please volunteer. Information about that will come later this week.
If you would like to attend Face to face worship on Sunday, [register here](https://emmanueluca.elvanto.com.au/form/650d5e50-a6e1-49b7-9501-c26d1aa7b8f5)
If you have any questions about ticketing and the registration form please contact Helen on 3355 2162.
Key changes for return to Face to Face worship:
Booking and Seating
Seating will be separated into four groups of twenty in 4 areas: Laurel Auditorium, Laurel Hall, South Pine Auditorium and South Pine Hall (see map below).
Attendees will be required to sit with the same group of people each week where possible and will enter and exit through the designated doors on the Laurel St or South Pine Rd entrances as signed and directed.
At registration, please select the tickets for your preferred seating area (please be aware that we may need to reallocate this due to operational requirements). You will receive an email confirming your registration and giving details about which entry and exit doors to use.
Families with Sunday School aged children should use the Hall where possible.
Families with only adults and those with limited mobility should use the auditorium spaces where possible.
Those who need the hearing loop should use the Laurel Auditorium.
Those who are rostered to lead worship (including the preacher, singers, musicians, and the tech team) will need to register as Worship Team,
Other members of worship team families will need to register in their preferred area.
Each section will be looked after by a section welcomer who will direct and register attendance.
No printed material will be provided (newsletters, bibles, hymn books etc.).
Please bring your own Bibles and activity materials if you want them (including colouring books, pens/pencils, instruments, toys, food, and drink) for children.
No morning tea will be served.
Mingling before or after the service is discouraged and people are asked to exit the building promptly to allow cleaning to commence.
Cashless offering via direct debit is still the preferred method but Perspex offering boxes will be made available onsite in each section for cash donations and offering envelopes. Money for offering and CHH should be in clearly marked envelopes and put into these boxes at the start or end of worship.
The retreat room will be available with limited furniture and a maximum capacity of 4 people (1 family). Hand sanitiser and cleaning materials will be made available for cleaning after each use.
Cleaning and Hygiene
Regular building cleaning including bathrooms and high touch areas will be undertaken before and after worship activities in line with required procedures and the COVID Industry Plan for Worship Places.
Hand sanitiser will be made available and should be used by everyone upon entry and exit of the building.
Soap, Paper towels and rubbish bins will be available in the bathrooms and retreat room for handwashing.
If you are unwell or are displaying symptoms of Covid-19 including fever, coughing, a sore throat, shortness of breath, or loss of smell or taste, you should stay at home.
In line with Queensland Health guidelines, any people considered “at risk” including people over 70 years of age, over 65 years of age with underlying health issues and Indigenous Queenslanders over the age of 50 with one or more chronic diseases, should also stay home.
Volunteers will be needed for cleaning on Saturday and after the service and for welcoming on Sunday. An email will come out later this week requesting volunteers. Note that vulnerable people, including those over 70, are not able to volunteer.
If you are unwell
If anyone attends the service and displays symptoms of COVID-19, they will be isolated, provided a face mask, and instructed to go home or to a health facility. An incident report will be completed and reported accordingly.
Individuals who attend a service and find later they are a probable or confirmed case of Covid-19 must inform Helen Smith on 3355 2162 or [email@example.com](mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=Covid%20) or Brian Hoole on 0435 242 000 as soon as possible.
Online services and material
Those who cannot attend in person can watch the service online. Details will be in the newsletter.
Sermon, worship and Dig in at Home resources will be made available on the Church website and App as usual.
We look forward to worshipping with you in person or online on Sunday.
Dear church family,
This has been a tumultuous week. There have been regular updates and decisions by government around restrictions due to COVID-19 and attempts to slow its spread to reduce the loss of life. On Wednesday we received notification from the moderator of the Uniting Church in Queensland that after consultation with presbytery leaders that the decision has been made to cease face-to-face congregational worship services and meetings. Public children’s and youth activities will also cease at this time. As a result, there will be no public Sunday worship or children and youth events at Emmanuel Uniting Church until further notice.
The Church Council executive met on Thursday and has also determined to close the church complex to meetings until further notice. This affects all groups who use the church including small groups and external rentals. From the advice given we anticipate that this maybe in place for six months or more. The Executive realise that creates a huge challenge for us as a church but also see it has tremendous opportunities and we want to encourage people to grasp the opportunities this offers to grow as disciples and followers of Jesus.
· Sunday Worship and children’s and youth groups including Sunday school, Boys’ and Girls’ Brigade, Playgroup and Youth Band are cancelled for the foreseeable future. The congregational meeting planned for next Sunday is also cancelled.
· Small groups may make their own decisions, but should consider not meeting face-to-face, instead finding other ways to connect online or over the phone.
· All other groups who currently meet at the church are cancelled.
· The office will be open Monday and Thursdays only, or by appointment, if people need to come in. Telephone contact is recommended and is available for normal church office hours 8.30-2.30 weekdays.
· Community Helping hand and Tiny Town will continue to operate with additional cleanliness measures in place.
· We remind you at this time that worship isn’t just about meeting in church building on a Sunday, and encourage you to continue to worship, albeit differently. We have provided some suggestions below. You my like to meet as a household, or with 2-3 friends or other families to gather and using some of the resources provided , share in worship yourselves. If you meet in person, please follow social distancing guidelines, limit close contact and ensure regular hand-washing and hand-sanitising practices.
1. We will continue to record the weekly sermon and post it on our church website and app. We will also provide a list of suggested songs that you can find online or play at home yourself (if you are musically inclined). You can find sermons and the weekly discussion questions at www.emmanueluca.org.au/sermons or on the church app.
2. We will continue to provide a weekly “Dig in at Home” resource with additional discussion activities, videos and prayers for households with and without children to use. These can be found at www.emmanueluca.org.au/devotions or on the church app. You can use these and the online sermon to create an all-age worship experience at home.
3. If you want a ‘live’ worship experience, here are some recommended live streams of other Uniting Church services.
Newlife Church www.church.nu/live 10am, 4pm, 6pm Sundays
Real Life Christian Church www.facebook.com/realllifecc 7pm Fri. 9:30am Sun
Toowong Uniting Church www.facebook.com/toowonguniting 9.30am Sun
· In addition to the above, the ministry team will be posting daily on Facebook to encourage, equip, and engage with you during this time. Follow us at www.facebook.com/emmanueluca/
· We will also be encouraging pastoral care and discipleship through our small group networks so please continue to connect with them. For people not in small groups some temporary groups will be set-up. We know that there will be some teething challenges but we will be trying to contact everyone within the next week.
· We realise that finances will be a struggle for many of us. However, I do want to encourage you to continue giving as you are able. Without a weekly service you can still give electronically. The details are BSB: 334 040 Account Number: 553 839 228 Account Name: UCA – Emmanuel Uniting Church Enoggera. Please ensure that you include name and a brief reason for the payment. Alternatively you can use the church app or website https://emmanueluca.org.au/payments link and give online. Please contact Barry (33534551) for more information or if you need help.
This is a developing space and there will be regular updates, new information and constant tweaking of what we do. However, the key message is that while we need to do things differently for the coming few months, we continue to remember the big picture.
In the current circumstances we still have a vision to be to be real people with a relevant faith for our community, and we still want to grow disciples who will exalt, explore, embody and engage. It is important that we stay connected and take advantage of this time as an opportunity to grow and develop the practices and habits that create better disciples. Smaller gatherings and one on one conversations will provide opportunities for people to deepen their relationships with people. The coming few months will be a challenging time but there is the potential that we can grow a stronger and more resilient church out of it.
Yours in Christ
Rev Brian Hoole
In behalf of the Church Council and the Ministry Team.
Ways you can share with others in prayer:
- Send in prayer requests via website or app
- Email or call Bronwyn Kelly (Prayer Team Leader) with your prayer requests. email@example.com
- Meet with prayer warriors and others after Worship on Sundays.
- Find a prayer buddy/ or group to meet with regularly.
- Offer to pray for someone..... and do it.
Watch this space further resources and information will be shared soon.
In an age where we are all becoming more environmentally conscious did you know that you could have your newsletter mailed to you fortnightly if that is something that you would like please contact the church office via Office@emmanueluca.org.au and have your name added to the subscriptions list. Of course they are still also available on the website under the newsletter section. https://emmanueluca.org.au/newsletters
If you have any queries about this or items in the newsletter please feel free to also follow this up the with Office.