Next week marks the beginning of Lent with the celebration, or memorial of Ash Wednesday. Lent is a time of reflection, denial and preparation leading up to Easter. Though we are not particularly emphasising Lent we will be picking it up in our daily devotion and providing people with a daily bible reading plan to help people reflect during the Lenten season. After Easter we will be starting a whole of church study. For now the daily plan will help people focus upon discipleship and how to be a part of our journey as a church to grow disciples who grow disciples.
The material from the daily plan attached can be done as a daily devotional and the reflection questions, though the same each day, help us focus on how we allow God’s word to influence our Christian living. The Sunday readings are the ones we will be using each Sunday if bible study groups would like to focus on those.
Congregational Meeting 14 March at 10.45am.
On Sunday 14 March at 10.45am
(following the 9.30 service) there will be a Special Congregation meeting.
The only item of business will be the decision on whether to allow the transfer of Tiny Town to Synod management.
there will be more information and actual recommendations to follow in coming weeks.
Ways you can share with others in prayer:
- Send in prayer requests via [website](https://emmanueluca.org.au/prayer-requests)or app
- Email or call Bronwyn Kelly (Prayer Team Leader) with your prayer requests. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Meet with prayer warriors and others after Worship on Sundays. (during covid restrictions we suggest making a time to connect electronically or over the phone)
- Find a prayer buddy/ or group to meet with regularly. (during covid restrictions we suggest making a time to connect electronically or over the phone)
- Offer to pray for someone..... and do it.
Watch this space further resources and information will be shared soon.